Students in Kindergarten through Fifth Grade can participate in afterschool sports at their school site. The Elementary Afterschool Sports program is made possible through community partnerships with Metro Parks Tacoma, YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties, Boys & Girls Clubs of South Puget Sound and The First Tee.
*Opportunities for Free and Reduced registration rates are available for qualifying students who possess a Whole Child Access Pass. Click here for more information.
Registration can be completed two ways:
1. Online: REGISTER, sign and pay in one spot.
2. Paper: Complete Registration Packet, sign all documents and turn in to your students corresponding partner office, or one of the Metro Parks Facility Centers below. Schools do not accept registration forms or payment.
The WHOLE CHILD ACCESS PASS provides all Tacoma Public Schools (TPS) students and their families’ special opportunities and negotiated rates for a variety of Metro Parks Tacoma’s (MPT) programs, facilities and attractions. Through a collaborative approach, the agencies are working to reduce registration barriers and enhance awareness of out-of-school time experiences that aid in Whole Child development for all TPS students.
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS & PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS:
- Enhanced access to afterschool sports leagues and art, dance, nature and fitness clubs located within school facilities.
- Preferred Customer status gives access to select classes, camps, and attractions at discounted rates.
- Early park entrance into a variety of attractions on identified date.
- Special promotions with other local public museums, attractions and services within Pierce County
- Enhanced communication channels to connect students with these special out-of-school time development opportunities designed to complement the Whole Child approach to student development
It's easy to sign up:
- Download and complete the Whole Child Access Pass Flyer (English Español Russian Tagalog Vietnamese)
- Submit the form to your child's school office.
- Students will be issued a card by Metro Parks Tacoma that will identify them as a Whole Child Access Pass holder.
- Start saving money with Access Pass special offers
Note: After submitting your form it could take up to three weeks to receive your pass. (Read the FAQ for more info.)
For more information go to: MetroParksTacoma.org/WholeChild Or call: (253) 305-1022