With a commitment to early learning, Tacoma Public Schools offers five preschool programs at 32 locations across the district. Each program is unique while providing common curriculum that helps prepare students for success in kindergarten and beyond.
Whittier Elementary offers the following programs onsite:
***April 2021 announcement*** Free preschool open for enrollment in the 2021-22 school year! Apply online at: www.tacomaschools.org/departments/early-learning-preschool Children must be 3 by August 31st to qualify and reside within Tacoma School District. Contact Katy Brown with any questions at 253-571-7574.
ECEAP Preschool ECEAP Preschool (Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program)
This comprehensive preschool program provides free services and support to eligible, low-income children and their families. Services include early learning preschool, family support, child health coordination and nutrition.
- FREE preschool
- 2 days a week, Monday/Tuesday or Thursday/Friday
- Class time 3 hours, AM and PM sessions
- 3 years old before September 1 for Fall enrollment
- Enrollment based on income eligibility
- Includes wrap-around support for families.
- Breakfast, lunch, snack and transportation are provided for students.
- Available only to children living within TPS boundaries.
- Find out more information by calling 253-571-2620
Peer Inclusion Preschool
This language rich program allows children to play and learn together with peers who have developmental delays. Preschoolers will learn a variety of skills that will prepare them for kindergarten and beyond.
- FREE preschool
- 4 days a week, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
- Class time 2 ½ hours
- AM Session 9:45 am to 12:05 pm • PM Session 1:05 pm to 3:25 pm
- Extended time at some locations
- 3 years old before April 1
- Available only to children living within TPS boundaries
- Find out more information by calling (253) 571-1049
Additional information and preschool programs are offered through Tacoma Public Schools.